[WriteLog] Enhancement request - Name window

Robert W5AJ woodr90 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 16:30:52 EST 2021

Ah, NO

names slow the exchange...
Don't like it on RTTY tests but it takes too long to explain why on keyboard
during a contest

If a person has spent time and dollars to contest, use Aruba as Example and
the WW contest,
5NN N is the fastest exchange.
5NN K for ARRL,   The P4 operator wants 5NN 4 or 5NN TX quick, and op is
ready to hit the log, TU CQ button.

If you're "Their friend" short and snappy is your friend

For CW program a message like for the exchange
"<<<" 5NN N "<<<"

Randy, there are 5000 folks that know your name and 4900 you've never met
that can call you by name.....

adding to exchange, doesn't work in a contest
(SKN yes, tell your buddy hello in FD, sure)

and some contests require name exchange, part of the scheme.

to play it again:
IF you're Their Friend, short and snappy is your friend

73 W5AJ

Robert
Midland, Texas
http://pages.suddenlink.net/w5aj/