[WriteLog] I had two issues with writelog in the WAE

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:28:56 EST 2021

Did anyone else?

1. Fill requests on Rx crashed Writelog. I use one PC per radio and network
them (total of 3). The first time I needed to request a fill/repeat I typed
alt-number and Writelog crashed. This PC was running version 12.56E on Win7
64-bit. The next time I decided to see if it would happen on my other main
PC running 12.60C on Win10, and it crashed first time. After that I used
alt-K to request fills.

I do have these lines in my ini file per AA5AU:

[WAE]
QTC_FILL_REQ=%s%s PSE NR %d%s

Ref:
https://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/writelog2/wae-rtty/#modifying-repeat-request-message

2. Clicking QTCs into the Rx window. You can't click text into the Rx
window unless it highlights pink. I had many occasions where the QTC was
correct but the QTC was not highlighted pink. Often I could find another
RTTYrite decode that was pink but not always. (I have a screen photo
showing this that probably won't get thru the reflector.)

I don't recall this happening before but it's been 3 years since I last did
the WAE. As an added note, it was as if Writelog was interpreting the QTCs
as normal received text and doing the yellow/green/red callsign
highlighting instead of the pink.

(You also can't highlight/copy/paste text from the RTTYrite windows to the
Rx window. The focus seems to prevent it. Would help if you could. Actually
why not allow clicking any text to the Rx window, similarly to clicking to
the Entry window? Maybe a right-click?)

73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN