[WriteLog] Deleted comport 5

GARY KENNISON wa4ky at att.net
Tue Nov 16 18:18:02 EST 2021

Ok, I don’t know if this is a windows question or a Writelog.

I inadvertently deleted com 5 on my pc which I was always able to use for rig control.  Now Writelog will not accept any com port to use for rig control(frequency and mode) display. I can use comport 1 for either PTT or frequency display, but obviously not at the same time. When I try with com 5 or any other port, I get a message about missing a file.

Question is, since I can not find an answer on how to reinstate a deleted port thru windows (10), and/or is there something in Writelog that dictates that only com 5 can be used?

I know very little of programming and registry files, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the write direction of how to use get PTT and rig control at the same time again.

Thanks and 73
Gary WA4KY

Sent from Mail for Windows