[WriteLog] Deleted comport 5

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Nov 19 17:00:35 EST 2021

On 2021-11-19 11:54 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:

 > I doubt that a Windows 10 computer has any physical serial ports.

No, but Windows will "track" any deleted and disconnected ports.

If one is having problems after deleting a port and recreating a
new port on the same COM number:

1) Open Device Manager
2) Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)"
3) Select View (top menu) and *check* "Show hidden devices"
4) Delete the *gray* version of any duplicated port numbers
    (particularly the duplicated version of the recreated port).

Note: it may be necessary to *RESTART* (not reboot - use the
Windows Power Icon, right click and select *RESTART*) to force
Windows to reinitialize the kernel drivers.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV