[WriteLog] Fwd: [writelog] Writelog ver. 12.67D not letting me open saved .wl contest

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:02:36 EST 2022

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[writelog] Writelog ver. 12.67D not letting me open saved .wl
contest
Date: 	Sun, 04 Dec 2022 17:39:07 -0800
From: 	Jerry NX0I via groups.io <nx0i=aol.com at groups.io>
To: 	writelog at groups.io

*I had a problem this weekend in the ARRL160 contest using Writelog ver.
12.67D with Windows 10.
**I operated all Friday night with no issues and always saving my file
every 25 or 30 qso's like always.
**Toward the end of the night I logged a QSO and it came up as a dupe.
When I worked the next QSO my
*l*og reflected the new qso, but the Total score field didn't show the
new qso.  I ran the tool to recalculate the score*
*but nothing updated Qso total stayed the same.*
*So since the evening was getting old about 1:30 in the morning I
decided to shut down for the evening so I clicked on save again and
closed Writelog down for the night.*

*Next day, Saturday, I came down to start the contest for Saturday
night.  When I clicked on the Writelog32 icon, the window pops up
showing all my saved contests so I chose ARRL160.wl and clicked, when I
do the cursor blinks twice then closes the program.  When I reopen and
try it again same thing. If I choose one of my saved programs like last
weeks CQWWCW same thing.  None of my saved programs now open.  If I
choose to start a new log, same thing cursor blinks twice then
everything closes.*

*When I looked in my Contest folder for the ARRL160 files it created, my
bak.adi file only had the last 12 qso's I logged for the evening.  I
should have had 254 qso's.  It is missing practically the whole
contest.  Can't find them anywhere. *
*I rebooted my PC but same issues.*

*All other programs I have open fine with no issues, just Writelog
12.67D which i have used in several contests with no issues. I have been
running Writelog versions for several years with no issues.  Now, I
can't even use Writelog because of something I can't figure out.  I am
wondering has anyone seen this issue.  I ran my antivirus software
against the whole PC and Writelog and it found nothing.

I have sent an email to Writelog support along with 3 files and will see
if they respond this week since it was on the weekend. If anyone else
has any ideas it would be appreciated.

73, Jerry NX0I*
_._,_._,_
Groups.io Links: