[WriteLog] FT-891 Rig Control

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.com
Mon Feb 14 22:02:17 EST 2022

Surprise Surprise!!

I could not really get a normal configuration to work for the FT-891 in Writelog.

So I have been working on another project and had the occasion to install OmniRig v1.20.  Because I had setup up OmniRig Rig1 as the FT-891 for digital communications.  It occurred to me that perhaps I could use the "Afreet OmniRig" as the rig type and RIG#1 (defaulted) for the comport in Writelog.  Well I tried it and it worked!!  Surprise Surprise!  All rig control functions appear to be fully functional--although I have just gotten it setup.  Will have to try it out perhaps during the CW contest this weekend.

One more questions if anyone can help:  In Omni Rig should the DTR and RTS be set High or Low?  I did it both ways, but it really did not seem to mater.

Jim/KC4HW