[WriteLog] RC-1101 Remote

Wayne, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Wed Feb 23 21:22:52 EST 2022

> Where can I purchase the RS=1101 Remote??

I currently have quantity two of the RC-1101 devices I am willing to
sell for $399 each, including USPS fixed-rate shipping anywhere the USPS
will deliver them. The RC-1101 hardware is documented here:
http://github.com/w5xd/rc1101. Included for the price is the device, a
9V wall wart, and shipping. Not included is a USB-C cable you will need
to connect to the PC running WriteLog.

email me direct at w5xd at writelog.com if you are interested purchasing an
RC-1101, or any of the devices below.

I might also be willing to build a small quantity of any of the designs
I have published on github. This is a limited time offer based on my
willingness to sit in my garage, place parts on boards, bake them in a
my little surface mount oven, and 3D print the plastic enclosures. I am
not definite about any particular end date, but I am talking about the
next couple of months (March and April 2022) All of them have the same
open source policy as the RC-1101. Everything you would need to know in
order to build one from scratch, including PCB build files and 3D
printer models, is documented on the part's web page.

RC-1101 Remote control device. http://github.com/w5xd/rc1101 $399

MK-1103 & MK-1104 SO2R controller and CW keyer.
https://github.com/w5xd/MK1101/wiki.
Today's much smaller technology implements a popular old design. Its
retro. The MK-1100 was originally manufactured and sold 20 years ago. I
recently did the redesign work for the latest versions, the MK-1103 and
MK-1104. This is the second time I have renovated the old design. The
MK1101 & MK-1102 renovations were 4 years ago using commercially
available aluminum enclosures that couldn't quite hold all the
connectors. The MK-1103 and MK-1104 have 3D printed enclosures to
exactly fit all their necessary connectors. The device can be built at
about half size if these parts (and accompanying features) are omitted:
L&R 25pin LPT band decode outputs, RX audio/headphone switching. That's
why there are two model numbers. I haven't decided on an exact price,
but it will be roughly twice the total of the quantity-one pricing of
each of the parts (my current estimate: it will be more than $200 for
the full featured MK-1104. A little less for the smaller MK-1103.)

ASW12V DC on/off control from WriteLog. http://github.com/w5xd/asw12v
switches 12 channels sharing a common DC supply up to 30VDC. (There is
also a double-wide 24 channel version.) This device will need a modest
redesign because a critical part in the original design is obsolete.
I'll consider doing that if you email me that you want me to build one.

MFJ998 packet radio remote control modification.
https://github.com/w5xd/Mfj998Rt-mods Only useful if you have an MFJ-998RT

If you have specific questions about what any of these boxes does,
please click the provided link first.

I reserve the right to decline for any reason, and there are lots of
possible reasons. Unavailable parts are a possible problem for any of
the above (except for the two RC-1101 devices which I have "in stock".)
Most of the parts can be bought in quantity one, but that is not true of
the printed circuit boards. I have to buy at least three at a time.

Wayne