[WriteLog] IC-9700 Connection via USB Times out in about 10 seconds

jim jim.kc4hw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:28:19 EDT 2022

Rick, Good Morning,

I have upgraded from a few past versions of Writelog to 12.66d and Digirite 2.2.2.11 and had no problems with setting them up and either of their performance.  They are excellent together.  I will say that I had just a little difficulty adjusting the Digirite Receive-1 display, but after fiddling with the Options adjustments for a few minutes it just sort of came around.

I used it during the WW-DIGI contest and it worked equally well in both FT8 and FT4.  Actually I will say that I enjoyed the FT4 mode more than the other.  It is just a little more snappy, but with one radio will never be as snappy as RTTY.

Actually I used Writelog on RTTY during the Rookie Roundup RTTY and made about 20 QSOs and that all work equally as well.

So I would suggest that if you have a working setup for 12.43E then upgrading to (your available) latest version would not be a problem.

GL, Jim/KC4HW