[WWYC] (more) contest ideas

ad7u@juno.com ad7u@juno.com
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:30:09 +0000

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:38:59 +0100 "Hrle" <wwyc@rkptcp.ice.hr> writes:
> Hello guys and girls,
>
> *  It's only 22 hours left for Y2K in Croatia, and things are
> getting more
> and more excited. (1 am now)... 1st thing in morning is shoping and
> then...
> party is ready..
> Hope each of you will have best time this year. I hope I will :) And
> I hope
> to see you all more and more acitve in new millenium (also seeing
> our
> contest in Y2K).
> *  Now back to the stuff about contest:
> I dont like QRP that much Dmitar (have no money for HP), but I sure
> like CW
> and every good contester knows that CW is the best (as far as I
> heard from
> the best contesters). SSB is more like KL9A would say CB, and it's
> more
> easier to hear other station on CW (what in this kind of contest
> with no
> much activity is very important). As I said main reason we should
> kept it
> only on CW is that we have no acitivity for both modes. And there
> will just
> be more and more awards to sent (and few days ago people asked who
> will pay
> those awards...) but someone gave an idea to have 2 contests in same
> year.
> So we could do CW & SSB part. Same for me, but dates are quite full
> and I
> agree with Goran that we take that May weekend for our contest. Now
> I'm
> sorry that Dmitar doesnt work CW. I just gave an idea. :)
> Exchange should be only & only AGE. Contest name is WWYC Contest so

Exchanging just age sounds much better!! The RST is always 5nn or 59 so
it's a waste of time to send. But what about sending something to let
people know you're a member of WWYC, like 16 YC (age 16, member of WWYC)
others would just send age and YL's can send 00. Then mults can be the
WWYC members. This will greatly encourage others to become members so
they can be a mult.

> people
> will start asking what WWYC is, so no worry for makin' them informed
> about
> us.
> *  I'm really pleased by seeing 41 members I guess we guys made a
> great job
> in this one mounth. Dmitar had nice idea, Thomas is great leader and
> all
> others did just what was expected to do. Not forgettin' Chris and
> his
> CQ-Contest mail.:)
> Hope in future we'll get more and more members, our HF Net will grow
> under
> leadership of Goran and we will have our own contest and Members
> Awards.
> So now forget about everything and get on party.
> 9A6NHaHa QSY to PaRtY
>
> P.S. I see you all like Christina Aguilera (uhh hot hot :) ), and
> Goran
> thanks for the advice, will try to do both as best as posible :)

I like DMX, Eminem, and other gangsta rap (and Britany Spears too I
guess).

73 de Caleb AD7U (age 16)
W7W IOTA NA-169 op
WWYC #23