[WWYC] Low activity!

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:46:51 +0200

Hi Mike and the rest

 >Very low activity here now....I'm sitting and listening to some
 >recordnings I made from the CQWW CW contest.....I want to work
 >a contest soon :-)

Did you record the contest on a computer, Mike? Which program did
you use, and perhaps we could hear it :-) But too big files
on the reflector will probably not be a good idea... Perhaps
you could upload it to a homepage?

 >I saw the results from the 99 WPX CW Contest and I saw that I
 >took home the first place world in SOAB Rookie HP, very nice, I
 >guess that award will have a special place in my shack :)
 >
 >Is anybody else going to work Rookie this year??

Yahh, great to have a rookie champion in WWYC, hope to have that
next time as well :-) I did my last rookie operation in WPX CW 1999,
and I was just a few points behind Mike (well, 1.520.737 to be honest)
Just made 224 Q's and 79.092 points. (I had my exams the week after the
contest, so I needed to prepare a bit). However, this year I don't
have exams, and currently I am trying to see if it is possible to go
to the 5P1ER station in Copenhagen, but nothing is sure yet...

Hope to see a bit more activity here - which plans do you have for
the coming contests?

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm