[WWYC] G0MTN IOTA + EUHFC

Lee Volante lee@g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 10:29:38 +0100

Hi all,

Great to work lots of you yesterday and last week - both contests seemed to
go very well with good activity and nice E layer short skip around EU from
my side.

Sorry I keep missing the sked's before the contests - I always run out of
time getting ready for the contests - in IOTA I was only 5 minutes early,
and in the EUHFC I was 20 minutes late.

Here are the score summaries.

Both contests: TS850, 100w, 3 el yagi + wire.

IOTA - G0MTN/P - EU005 - 12 hr island mix mode

I was having great fun running stations, but got very few IOTAs that way -
and had to balance running sessions with S+P sessions to try and maximise my
score.   Some choose to S+P completely to a huge mult total, others run for
a large QSO total.   I had last year's results to hand to keep track of my
own progress.

Even being on EU-5 seemed to generate interest - just turn up on 14.015 and
bang! - instant pileup.

There seemed to be more activity than ever which was good, although
considering the number of IOTA stations on I was a little disappointed to
work most on only a couple of the 10 band / mode slots.   Where were they
all hiding ?   (Or are my searching skills no good?)

The vast majority of QSOs were still with EU, although fortunately this year
I managed to coax a few more JAs into the log (for lots of island pts) on
Sunday morning.

Total:  621,621 pts.

BAND             80m     40m     20m     15m     10m     Total

Valid QSOs SSB    21      19     142     114      79       375
Valid QSOs CW     62      10     151     177       6       406
Total QSOs        83      29     293     291      85       781

QSO Points       513     315    1587    1509     423      4347

Multipliers SSB   12      12      30      29      11        94
Multipliers CW    11       7      20       8       3        49
Total Mults       23      19      50      37      14       143

==============

EUHFC - G0MTN - mix mode low power

Long live the E layer.  Much better 10m and 15m conditions this year into
Europe, and activity seemed to be excellent.  Worked about 500 stations in
first 6 hours, despite being half an hour late.

Callsign:  G0MTN                      Total Claimed Score    164920
(provisional !)

Contest EU HF Championship ___________________    Date 5 Aug 2000_____

Mode    SSB/CW_____   Single/Multi Op  Single____    Section SSB/CW LP_____

    SD V9.66 Copyright Paul O'Kane EI5DI 1990-2000   www.ei5di.com

Band         160m     80m     40m     20m     15m     10m    Total

CW  QSOs        3      51      49     139      82      97      421
SSB QSOs        0      20       5     118     120      76      339

CW  Mults       3      24      26      21      32      25      131
SSB Mults       0      11       3      29      16      27       86

======

Hope to see some of you soon on #wwyc, else in the next contest !

73,

Lee G0MTN

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm