[WWYC] Iota 2000

Nagy Csaba HA3LN ha3ln@freemail.hu
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:05:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi to All,

I'm sorry for the late but 2 week ... 2 contest was too much!

It was fun with many good stn & isl....
I fought whole the 24h... There was one more fight vs. me!
Mostly EU stns, EU isl... I felt many times that 50W & 3b vert.
is poor for the really good result. At band changes, bigger pile ups,
for runnings. I have to do something... In spite of this I think
I worked well...

I met SM3W (80/20/15), DJ1YFK (40/20), G0MTN (80/15).

Congrats to DJ1YFK, vy nice score for QRP and agree with him:
40m was wonderful, especially from SA. Very loud signs from LU!!!
Appreciation for Mike, SM3W nice signal on 20m, heard You many times!

There are many things what I need to learn for the good & successful
operation.
I would like to ask everybody If You have some free-time, please
write in some words about Your strategy in SOAB section!

Themes: - run/S&P
	- beamings
	- band changes (haw many, how  often)
	- etc...

Send it to the WWYC reflector and Everybody can speak on this,
and hope will be a good exchange of views... and will help to
learn some new usable tricks!

		       ISLANDS ON THE AIR -- 2000

      Call: HA3LN		     Country:  Hungary
      Mode: CW			     Category: Single Operator Low Power
					       World 24h CW only

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q	IOTA

       80	82	642	 7.8	 25
       40      130     1038	 8.0	 36
       20      197     1515	 7.7	 49
       15      132     1380	10.5	 48
       10	44	396	 9.0	 16

     Totals    585     4971	8.50	174

		 Score: 864,954 points

Equipment Description: FT-250 & 50W output
		       20/15/10 - 3 Band Vertical
		       80/40	- mono Dipols

Club Affiliation: WWYC

			     Signature ______Nagy Csaba HA3LN/HG3G_______