[WWYC] ARRL 10M contest

paul woly@wimpley.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:26:49 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C063A8.4EA278A0

Hi WWYC,
                I was not a ' happy chappy' during the contest as =
G3PJV/P, saturday morning i got up nice and early 6:30am to get on the =
band nice and early, i fired my rig up and went for a coffee. I came up =
to the shack at around 7:00am to start contesting. There was a few =
stations on the band, i started cq'ing and about 1 hour later i had =
absolutly no qso's in the log. I decided there had to be something =
wrong. So i decided to see if i could work any other contest stations. I =
called a really strong Russian station and got no reply from him, after =
calling him a couple of times he said ' the station calling has very bad =
modulation' this really annoyed me as my rig was working fine the night =
before. After maddly wobbling the mic wires and turning the mic gain up =
and down i made a qso, but with reports of distorted modulation. I =
battled on and managed to get small runs going as i got about 30 mins =
before my modulation went and i had to turn my rig off for 15 mins. I =
carred this on throughout the day and ended up with a not so impressive =
150 qso's.
     On sunday i started contesting around 7:30am still getting =
distorted modulation reports. I ended up after the contest with around =
281 qso's but i have not checked for duplicate qso's. I wonder how =
everyone else went on in the contest.
Paul,
G3PJV

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C063A8.4EA278A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi WWYC,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I=20
was not a ' happy chappy' during the contest as G3PJV/P, saturday =
morning i got=20
up nice and early 6:30am to get&nbsp;on the band nice and early, i fired =

my&nbsp;rig up and went for&nbsp;a coffee. I came up to the shack at =
around=20
7:00am to start contesting. There was a few stations on the band, i =
started=20
cq'ing and about 1 hour later i&nbsp;had absolutly no qso's in the log. =
I=20
decided there had to be something wrong. So i decided to see if i could =
work any=20
other contest stations. I called a really strong Russian&nbsp;station =
and got no=20
reply from him, after calling him a couple of times he said ' the =
station=20
calling has very bad modulation' this really annoyed me as my rig was =
working=20
fine the night before.&nbsp;After maddly&nbsp;wobbling the mic wires=20
and&nbsp;turning the mic gain up and down i made a qso, but with reports =
of=20
distorted modulation. I battled on and managed to get small runs going =
as i got=20
about 30 mins before my modulation went and i had to turn my rig off =
for&nbsp;15=20
mins. I carred this on throughout the day and ended up with a not so =
impressive=20
150 qso's.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; On sunday i =
started=20
contesting around 7:30am still getting distorted modulation reports. I =
ended up=20
after the contest with around 281 qso's but i have not checked for =
duplicate=20
qso's. I wonder how everyone else went on in the contest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>G3PJV</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C063A8.4EA278A0--

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm