[WWYC] ARRL CW 9A7P SOAB QRP

Hrle Hrle" <hrle@rkp.ice.hr
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:14:49 +0100

ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: 9A7P (9A6NHH)            Country: Croatia
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op, QRP !!

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        0        0           0
       80        0        0           0
       40      123      369          35
       20      140      420          34
       15      262      786          51
       10      375     1125          49
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    900     2700         169  =   456,300

TS440S / 5W / 40m dipole@20m
              20m 2 el.quad
              15m 2 el.quad
              10m 2 el.quad

Club Affiliation: WWYC - World Wide Young Contesters
WWYC worked (NA):              heard:
     N4GI (4bands)                    YU7AL
     WX0B (3bands N5NU?)     OZ1AA
     N6MJ (2bands)                   OH5NQ (OH5JOC)
     AD7U (2bands)                   SM3D (SM3WMU)
     N0MJ (1band)                     KL7Y (one of ops > KL9A)
                                                 9A4KK
                                                 LY2TA (qrp??..I heard him
workin'
                                                 qso but not sure 5tt or tt5
:))
                                                 OG3RM (that's OH3RM?)
                                                 G0MTN
                                                 9A1CMS (one of ops >
9A5AVW)
                                                 IK3UNA

Sorry but no sign from DF0RE :(..just DF0UN or something like that :)

Total: 16 members I've worked/heard.
Contest was great.
9A1CMS made 1094 qsos and some 556,000...Multi Single.. just for
information:)
Anyway...
900 qsos... some of you maybe read my little story on the 3830...
Just will say that contest was really great and I didnt expected so much QSO
or points... it's close to G4BUO's recored from year 1992....
but I think C31LJ and LY3BA have beated me...if someone found out their
scores
let me knowwwwww!!!
It was pleasure hearing so much WWYCers on the air...
N4GI was loud on all 4 bands... and once even he got on my CQ...
And so did Caleb (AD7U)...right on my call... and gave me WA as mult..
At that time also N0MJ came on CQ even i called him few times on the band..
That 2 hours when AD7U & N0MJ came on my calling were my best 2 hours..
About 54q/h... it was really nice seeing all the K6 and K7 commin' on...
I had a little chat with OZ1AA and YU7AL during the contest...
Saturday morning OZ1AA already had 360 qsos (I had around 110 q)and it
was 1st time I had contact with him since IARU HF '99...Also spoked
with him on Sunday on 15m (1400qsos and I had 600q)....
he was reaaaaally BOOOOMING on both bands..
But no sigs from him on 40m?...
YU7AL... I spoked with him on Sunday when he had just a bit over 1000qsos
...I dont remember how much qsos I had there...
I heard others CQing, answering calls .. really big pleasure...
My workin':
>From Friday 7am till Sunday 11pm I slept only 10 hours...5 hours on
Saturday and 5 on Sunday... maybe too long but.. okey :)
TS440S and 5W were doing perfect job... even I got afraid a bit because
freq was running 1kHz up&down every little...
2 ele Cubical Quad showed to be BEST tribander (SM3WMV....learn from
this:) )
But Dipole on 80m wasnt enough for any QSO... tryed to call some stations
but nothing happend... no "?" "qrz?" "agn" or anything like that...
40m was quite cool... I was surprised when KE0A heard me when I called him..
I lost 5-6 minutes on him... but great ears..!!...
Also had problems with CA on 40m but got few...
20m... sucked... I even didnt work those easier mults... just those
big guns like K1AR, K1XM, KC1XX, W3LPL, N2RM...
so nothing spectacural happend there... just got surprised when I worked
NEvada on 20m at around 12Z... strange condx .. dunno...
15m... great as usuall.. nothing so special.. 51mults..
10m... superb... really no words.. just excellent...
On the end.. I needed DC & KS for WAS... but not worked on any band :(
This is it.. you might get boring...
I have lot of work to do so this is just flash report... I messed text up
but still tryed to explain how it was :)...
Take Care and would like to see all of your scores...
So We can make a short list :)
Maybe WWYC Activity List or something like that...
I hope to see this activity of WWYC in future...

Hrle - 9A6NHH in waiting for 9A5EEE... wwyc numero 3

p.s. W3EEE was on air and no one complained about him... :)

e-mail: hrle@rkp.ice.hr

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm