[WWYC] here it is, in rough form

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:46:16 +0100

Hi all

Chris, great article, really liked it. I guess that this would
also be a nice place to show the rules of our contest. The last
version of the rules can be seen at
http://www.contesting.com/_wwyc/200001/msg00009.html There was
some talk after that message, but I didn't understood if we
changed something?
Jason, maybe you could post the newest rules again?
As some of you probably have seen, the reflector software don't
like bigger files, so here you have the article again, just to
make sure that everyone has seen it:
------
By Chris KL9A:
Contesting will not be dead in twenty years.  There are many young hams
already on the contesting scene, as you saw in last month's issue.  It
seems like every contest I do, I work lots of teenagers!  Thanks to
Thomas, OZ1AA, there is now a club for young contesters:  World Wide
Young Contesters. (WWYC)   The only requirement to be a member is that
you must be under 30 years old.
Created in November 1999, WWYC has three main goals:  To 1.)  Increase
contesting activity among "Generation Y"  2.)  Have fun, and 3.)  Give
the big guns a run for their money in a few years.  A few of the members
are already doing that!  As I am writing, there are 45 members from 14
DXCC countries and more are added everyday!  We have a homepage set up
with all the information: http://home.swipnet.se/contest/wwyc/
There is also an email reflector.  Send an email to
wwyc-request@contesting.com and put the word SUBSCRIBE in the body of
the message.
You're probably wondering, "Hey, how do I join this new club?"  Just
send an email to Dimitar, LZ5AZ, at dimitart@mbox.infotel.bg.  Include
your name, callsign, age, email address, and homepage URL if you have
one.  It's as easy as that!
I've had the opportunity to operate with a few young contesters, and I
must say, watch out!  Some of these guys are really good! A big thanks
is due to all of the ops that have invited us kids to their stations to
see what it's like to run with the big boys.  Without you, we might have
never gotten into contesting.  THANKS!
-------

Also, I think I mentioned sometime ago that me and Juho OH5JOC are going
to show something about WWYC at the contest meeting up there in OH, but the
plans got changed from a PowerPoint presentation to a stand with some
posters... Now I am looking for some pictures of you to put on them. I have
used the "Tours" page at our homepage were there were some fine pics but if
you have others, I would be very interested to see them.

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

----
Thomas Andersen - OZ1AA (ex. OZ5DK)
Copenhagen - Denmark
Homepage: www.qsl.net/oz1aa
E-mail: oz1aa@qsl.net
ICQ: 11117622
Member # 1 of "World Wide Young Contesters"
Visit http://home.swipnet.se/contest/wwyc/ to get more info.
----

..._._

dit dit