[WWYC] WWYC Contest

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 09:49:09 +0200

Hi everyone

I think we should try to re-organize the WWYC contest that we planned about
Christmas time last year. I still believe that our own contest would be a
great thing for our club! Hope you agree with this, otherwise give your
opinion on the reflector...

The last rules I could find on the reflector looked like this:

---------

>Date:  3rd weekend in April,  April 15-16, 2000

We should probably move it to some weekend in the fall...

>Modes:  CW , SSB
>Bands: 40, 20, 15, 10
>Preferred frequencies:  CW:  7050-7060, 14040-14060, 21040-21060, 28100-120
>(this is so novices can work)
>SSB:  No 40m SSB, 14240-14270, 21400-21430, 28300-28330
>
>These frequencies basically keep out of everybody's way.  They do not take
>up the whole band.  40 meter SSB gives certain areas of the world unfair
>advantage.  We want to make this fair as possible.
>
>Time:  1400z 15th - 1400z 16th.  Maximum 18 hours on air.
>
>Why?  This gives everyone a fair chance at propagation.  This is long.
>Yes.  Toughing it out during long contests is what real contesters are for.
> This separates us from "Joe Ham", and at the same time, gives the average
>"Joe Ham" time to come on and participate.  A maximum time lets contesters
>sleep.  We are World Wide YOUNG Contesters so it is only right that we
>sleep for our schoolwork and family.
>
>Exchange:  599 + Age, YLs send 00 if preferred.
>
>Everybody agrees with this mostly.  With the 'YC' added this adds
>confusion.  Let's keep it simple the first time around.  YLs may send 00
>for age if they want.
>
>Multipliers:  Number of WWYC members worked per band.
>
>Since we did not have RST + AGE + YC in the exchange, this should take it's
>place.  As said before, this gives others an incentive to become a member.
>Always good to have incentives.

Hmm, how could people know who are members of WWYC if we don't indicate it in
the exchange? Think we have discussed this before...

>Scores:  n5nu@inu.net  - or - my CBA since 1997

Still interested in handling the scores Jason?
-------------

OK, now please give your comments about the rules here on the reflector, and
then we must see what the final result will be like. As Jason wrote, not everyone
will be satisfied, but lets make the rules as best as possible!!

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

----
Thomas Andersen - OZ1AA (ex. OZ5DK)
Copenhagen - Denmark
Homepage: www.qsl.net/oz1aa
E-mail: oz1aa@qsl.net
ICQ: 11117622
Member # 1 of "World Wide Young Contesters"
Visit http://home.swipnet.se/contest/wwyc/ to get more info.
----

..._._

dit dit