[WWYC] ARRL DX - G0MTN

Lee Volante lee@g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:45:18 -0000

Hi everyone,

I was operating 'just for fun' in 100 w all band category.   SSB was really
hard for most of the time with 100w - search and pounce was fine until I ran
out of stations.   After that my rates were only 15 / hr so I took a break
in the afternoons (and operated in a VHF/UHF contest !).   But when the 10
and 15 m bands were closing I was finally able to hold a frequency, and my
best rate for last 10 QSOs went up to 280 / hr !!     20m was disappointing
(I couldn't operate overnight which may have been the problem), and I was
happy to work anyone on 40m with the long wire.

TS850, 3 el Triband yagi at 20m + (short) long wire.

Band         QSO    Mult

10            337      50
15            294      48
20            125      32
40            11         9
80            0           0
160          0           0

Total:    767     139   =  319839 pts.

WWYCs worked:  N0MJ

I also need a voice keyer - I can't call for long without losing my voice.
I'm a bit hoarse today.

73,

Lee G0MTN

PS  Well done on everyone's IOTA results.   I was #1 in IOTA multi-op island
section at MW7Z - the good result is not down to me though - they won the
year before too when I wasn't there.  At least I didn't make the team lose
!!

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm