[WWYC] CQWW CW update

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 00:15:37 +0100

Hi again WWYC'ers

Here comes some more information that I have got about
the CQWW DX CW 2000 contest. Scott, you are welcome to
handle the list as last time, but I can also manage it -
no problem...

WWYCers in 2000 CQ WW DX SSB - as of 17 Nov 2k, 23:00z
Who             From     Using     Category   On
DH1TW, Toby     DK1RP    DK1RP     M/S        All
DL5RMH, Martin  DK1RP    DK1RP     M/S        All
G0MTN, Lee        ?      G0MTN     SOSB LP    20
KL9A, Chris     N6HR     N7IP      SOAB HP    All
OZ1AA, Thomas   OZ7HVI   OZ1AA     SOAB LP    All

Teams:
WWYC Team Alpha
1) OZ1AA, SOAB LP

Before WW SSB someone asked what a team is, so here is
the explantion from CQ:

>D. Team Contesting:
>"A team consists of any five radio amateurs operating in
>the single operator category. A person can be on only one
>team per mode. Competing on a team will not prevent any
>team member from submitting his personal score for a radio
>club. A team score will be the sum of all the team member
>scores. SSB and CW teams are totally separate. That is, a
>member of an SSB team can be on a totally different CW team.
>A list of a team's members must be received at CQ
>Headquarters by the time the contest begins. Mail or FAX the
>list to CQ, Att: Team Contest, 25 Newbridge Road, Hicksville,
>NY 11801 U.S.A.; FAX 516-681-2926. Awards will be given to
>the top teams on each mode."

In the CQWW contests, WWYC will not qualify as a club
(see http://lists.contesting.com/_wwyc/200010/msg00076.html)
but instead we can take part in the team competition! It is
just very important that we decide the teams before the
contest, as a list has to be given to K3EST before the contest
starts...

So now, if you are going to be QRV in CQWW CW it would be
great if you would join a team! Just put a small note here
on the reflector or mail Scott N4JN at snorthcutt@mindspring.com
BEFORE the contest begins ;-) The last thing you need to do
is the write the team name in your summary sheet when you
mail your log to CQ. Also note that you can give your points
to your LOCAL club at the same time you join a WWYC team!

Now I just hope that more CQWW plans and team members will show
up here at the reflector!

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm