[WWYC] Team Competition for CQWW

Thomas - OZ1AA Thomas - OZ1AA" <oz1aa@qsl.net
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:51:37 +0200

Hi Gabor and welcome again in WWYC...

Yes, the team competition seems like a very nice opportunity in our club!
Here comes the complete rules for team competition from the cqww.com site:

-------
D. Team Contesting:
A team consists of any five radio amateurs operating in the single operator
category. A person can be on only one team per mode. Competing on a team
will not prevent any team member from submitting his personal score for a
radio club. A team score will be the sum of all the team member scores. SSB
and CW teams are totally separate. That is, a member of an SSB team can be
on a totally different CW team. A list of a team's members must be received
at CQ Headquarters by the time the contest begins. Mail or FAX the list to
CQ, Att: Team Contest, 25 Newbridge Road, Hicksville, NY 11801 U.S.A.; FAX
516-681-2926. Awards will be given to the top teams on each mode.
-------

I would for sure like to be on a team!

Also don't forget that there is a special award for young contesters in the
CQWW contests:

Phone:
Special-Single Operator Award
World-All Band Under 21 years old: Gene Zimmerman, W3ZZ
World-All Band YL: Yutaka Tanaka, JH3DPB - KA6V Memorial

CW:
Special-Single Operator Award
World SSB/CW Combined: Hrane Milosevic, YT1AD
World All Band Under 21 years old: Chuck Shinn, W7MAP

Just a bit of information, and BTW nice to see the high level of activity on
the list the last couple of days!

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA