[WWYC] M/M effort

Marko Holmavuo marko.holmavuo@ps1.pspt.fi
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:11:49 +0300

Nice to see that we are having nice discussion in this M/M effort.

Juho asked, what would be right contest for us?
I think, that CQ WW would be the nice. It just depends where we would go. If
we will take CQ WPX, we don't need to go so far away, because rare country
will not help us much. Only good prefix, and good location (out side of
aurora zone). And propably just single mode.

And what is our goal. My opinion is that, we can lose from home station.
E.g. in CU-country it isn't impossible to be first in EU, or even make the
new EU-record. If we would like to go in 3-point location, it's much
harder...we versus other world=).

And what comes in CU-island, we must make some relations to local hams, and
ask them to recommend good location, etc.

Operators..Just like Juho said, we need many operators + propably other
peoples to make sure that everything will work fine. And propably we should
have a quite high operation skill level, there are no change to go "learn
things"...

Equipments: Propably our team members has own equipments, so we should find
out what we have, and what we don't have.
I think that we can make some of our antennas by ourselves. I think, that we
need yagis, and GP's. Both, monobanders and e.g. open-sleeve tribanders. We
could use both wire(160,80) and aluminium(40, propably phased array?) GP:s.
Of course there are change to make some shortened 40m beams if fullsizer
would be too big.

We need laptops and network adapters. If we want to connect rig and computer
together (freq infos/rig control, cw-possibility?) we need connection
cables, and couple of COM-ports.

And yes, we must start planning now, if we want to make this in 2001. Of
course, if it shows up, that we don't have enough time, we can delay whole
operation and make it in 2002...

Just like Goran said, it would be very hard job to put this all up, but not
impossible. I think that money is the biggest question. If we can get enough
sponsors, it would be much easier to make this come true.

73's de OH4JFN
#59 WWYC

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm