[WWYC] My score

Mikael Larsmark (SM3WMV // SM3W) larsmark@swipnet.se
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:11:42 +0100

Hello!

Thank you WWYC for many qso's. I dont remember all the stations
I worked but I think I worked pretty many of you. I heard Thomas,
OZ1AA but he was S&Ping.

Very nice conds on Saturday which resulted in a bit over 2000
qso's and as I remembered it about 400 mults (countries + zones),
very very good start, it was a record phase but then it happend! No
not only the aurora. My stomach gave up! I had to go to the toilet
every five minutes and the toilet visit took about 15 minutes.....It
was just one thing to do, I had to sleep! After two hours of sleep I
tried again but I was almost screaming of pain, no idea to even
try.....I went to bed for another two hours, well let's try again but it
was the same thing again. Well, I went downstairs and drank some
tea and after 4 more hours of sleep I was ok again and ready for
action (very hungry though, all the food loss). Now it was aurora
and the bands didnt feel the same as the day before.

My contest experience is that I ALWAYS work more qsos and
mults the second day. It is my motivation but this time it didnt
come true, it was the way it should be. I went to SL3ZV two days
before the contest start which was very good. I started to fix the
station on Thursday evning and before I knew it the clock had
passed midnight, time to get some sleep.
The day after I had A LOT of job to do. Build a new 2 radio switch (I
lost mine), fix all the stuff with the antennas......station layout +
1000 of more stuff to do. Finally at about 8oclock in the evning all
was done. I had the homemade amp go on 160-20m and the L4B
on 15 and 10m. I didnt get the voice keyer working so I had to use
the TS850 as runner and switch the amps when using 15 and 10m,
this was not a good thing to do but the only thing to do.

The contest started very well:
160SSB   80SSB   40SSB   20SSB   15SSB   10SSB   TOTAL
    0       1       2       0     125       0       0     128     128
    1      18       0       0     117       0       0     135     263
    2       3      50      16       0       0       0      69     332
    3      30       1      15      14       0       0      60     392
    4       0       1       0     120       0       0     121     513
    5       0       0      12     101       0       0     113     626
    6       0       2      91       0       2       0      95     721
    7       0       0       0       4      46      41      91     812
    8       0       0       0       1       1     112     114     926
    9       0       0       0       1      39      68     108    1034
   10       0       0       0       8     137       0     145    1179

1179 qsos after 10 hours of operating, I was in for a real thrill but as
I said, my stomach gave up and also the conds. Except for the first
steady 10 hours the contest was very strange. One hour I had 28
qsos on 15m and the next I had 104......
I worked 54 Ja's in the whole contest, sooooooo bad!. SL3ZV is not
a JA qth. I dont know what it is but both me and SM3JLA think that
it's not good to JA. We can work JA but they are almost never loud!
But against NA the location is soooooooo goood!!
This contest was as I said weird, I worked 1400 qso's with EU and
1162 with NA.

There is a possibillity that some of the stuff in my summary is
wrong, I havent had time to go trough the log yet.......

Team/Club : WWYC (World Wide Young Contesters)

	** Under 21 Years! **
   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points
Countries   Zones

160SSB 126   126        141        37         7
80SSB  117   117        127        43        10
40SSB  263   263        468        59        19
20SSB  927   927       2354        88        26
15SSB  828   828       1490        94        29
10SSB  780   780       1633        99        29

Totals  3041 3041  6213       420       120

    Final Score = 3355020 points.

PS. I havent removed the dupes, there are around
80 dupes I think.

The 2 radio stuff worked pretty well, I made
about 150 2nd radio qsos, I didnt concentrate to
work anything else then mults and really loud
stations (dont want to be stuck in a pile
without an amp). I didnt have time to fix the
2radio swith to 100% so I had to use 2
microphones......My mults werent good
though.....:(
The low bands were almost all S&P qsos and 2nd
radio qsos.....Nice opening on 40m to NA, worked
about 70 NA's in a short time before I went to
15 to try working JA's but without any
success.....Any else with a bigger score who
will apply for under 21 years?

A very fun contest......IG9A and CN8WW were very
loud on 160-10m!

73 // Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)
#6 WWYC (World Wide Young Contesters)
Visit "http://home.swipnet.se/contest/wwyc/" for more info

Keep up the hamspirit and enjoy ham radio contesting!

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm