[WWYC] IOTA, EU HFC, WAE, and CQWW SSB...

Thomas - OZ1AA oz1aa@qsl.net
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:59:02 +0200

Hello WWYC

A few notes about past and coming contests...

IOTA:
My trip to SV8 was quite unsuccessfull - when it comes to ham radio :) The
hotel was located on the wrong side of the island as a huge mountain just
next to the hotel in EU direction made any activities on high bands almost
impossible. The week prior to the contest I actually worked some stations on
20 and 40 but when the contest started there was so much QRM that nobody
could hear me. I made 20 QSO's which took 3 hours and then I decided that
the time was probably better spend at the beach!

EU HFC:
Worked 2,5 hours in this contest for 200 QSO's. Was happy to work DH1SGS
(59++ on 28.500!) and HG3G x 2. Would have loved to do a serious effort but
that was not possible this year.

WAE CW:
This one is aproaching fast! I hope to be able to go to OZ7YY and try SO2R
for the first time - just have to finish the W5XD keyer for Writelog for the
audio swiching and then find a way to fix the antenna swiching (will
probably just connect a multi band vertical to the 2nd radio in the
beginning). Have never done this contest before so the only goals are to
learn about SO2R and the QTC stuff.

CQWW SSB results:
Here is our team scores

24. WWYC Team Bravo: 1.478.367, 9A7P (9A6XX), N4JN
26. WWYC Team Alpha: 1.417.839, OZ1AA, K4UCF (KD4RWN), LZ5AZ, LZ1ABC

Hmm, doesn't look too good that 9A6XX and N4JN beat the 4 ops on team Alpha
:-) This year I promise to do a better score than last year's 169.425
points!

Congrats to 9A6XX for making the EU LP Top Ten (finished 10). Way to go
Hrle!
Also S57IIO was number 2 in 21 Mhz Single Band. Congrats.
There are probably many other great WWYC scores that I just havn't
noticed...

The "All Band Under 21 years" trophy was won by PY2YU with 2744 Q's and 426
mults for 3.156.234 points. SM3WMV operating from SL3A was very close to get
the trophy with his 3.057.525 points. I know that Mike is already looking
for a good Big Gun stations Sweden and I will also be trying to put in a
good score in this years WW SSB contest from OZ7YY. Hopefully other will
also join the competition for the trophy so we can be sure it belongs to
WWYC next year :-)

Finally FB to see that we are now 124 members! Welcome to the new ones...

CU in the contests

Vy 73 de OZ1AA, Thomas

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm