[WWYC] 1st report!

Tomislav Sanic tsanic@student.math.hr
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:09:49 +0100 (MET)

Hello dear WWYCers!
First of all I want say that my English is very bad, so please don't laufght
when will read these text....or you want read this on Croatian ;))
Now we are in 3th Millenium and I decidet to give you all my contest reports...
This weekend I worked in UBA ssb contest, and it was terrible....
1) I'm not good in "comuputer world" and this contest confirmed that...\
I know that for this contest EI5DI (think) made special contest log...but
haven't it....so I logged in CT....in DXpedition (HOW STUPID)....
and now must all points changed....now don't know how much I reached but
know that on all band was 383 qso...maybe 100 ON contact....call 9A5Y
2) equipment: TS850 (I think), pwr 100w, ant PRO67B & VEE for 80m
3) time on the air 14 hrs, because on about 03 GMT "stupid" TS DIED!!
4) WWYCer(s) worked: only Mirko IK3UNA....maybe someone else but didn't
recognized...
5) also made 8 contacts for personal call 9A5TO on 15m and reached 288 pts...
lucky there wasn't lots qso, so I count points without Contest Log...hi

OK, that about contest....it wasn't my first contest...hi (if you think that)
I worked in lot of contest last 3-4 yrs like part 9a5y team....they give
me chance first just for logging....and when I get practice I have worked
for few hours....I think that I'm not good operator (also not bad, hi)
guys from club (9a3lg & 9a3nm) have trained me...and I enoyed to worked with
them....if you are active on UHF and higher sure you have hear about 9A5Y...
also on HF we are not bad :))
these weekend they run in wwdx 160m and taked me FT1000MP on wich I have worked
last 4 years....you know what happend me with old TS....

for the end some suggest/question
Why you inzissted on Single Operator work....like you can see I havent own
equipment, and I don't want say: "Hey guys, I want work alone in contest and
you ho home, or can watched me."
Maybe we can also send results of teams in wich we have worked....so I prefear
multi op if is possible....
about M/M....I don't think that can go on trip wich cost at least 500$...
maybe for several years when will possible get a job....but then will be to
old for WWYC....for example I have't enought money to have Internet....can
only go on it when I'm on studium in Zagreb....
so I suggesed that we can run in big contest like Multi op Single transmiter...
and of corse only WWYCers can be in team....we can have a smaller group by
country teams....example: all Finland guys in one team....or if is just one
or two guy in one country the can join another group....

please answer on this last idea....
best wishes to all of you
73 & CUL de TOM 9A5TO,   #88

--