[WWYC] more stories...

9A6XX wwyc@rkptcp.ice.hr
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:59:42 +0200

Hey guys,

expedition "Lid On The Island" has been successfully finished.
We managed to make over 2000 qsos in quite a short time, as we were more on
the beach then in front of the station.
Callsigns that could've been heard this past weekend from eu110 were:
9A/LY1DS, 9A/LY2TA, 9A6XX/P, 9A5AEI/P, 9A7P/P, 9A/S56A/P, 9A3RE/P (6m only)
1DS, 2TA & myself made about 650-700 qsos each, and 5AEI, 7P, 3RE and S56A
made about 200 qsos in total.
As Goran said it's really impressive what you can do with 100w and wires. We
had TS850S, TS440S and IC706MKII and our antennas were dipoles (40, 20 & 6m)
+ FD4.
We had some good runs from time to time, but most of our activity was on
side band as IOTA hunters are not much interested in CW. However I had my
biggest pile up on CW on 30m with couple of ZLs wkd also.
WARC bands were quite interesting as on other bands there was US FD and MM
Contest, so even 20m was open all night long to USA we had no runs there, so
we all slept most of the night.
Anyway our fun started already in thursday when we went to disco, and we had
chance that LYs see our most popular disco group. Andy LY2TA even wanted to
buy their CD, so I guess they're good for his ear, while Dan was kept on
saying he hears only QRM.. it must've been coz of the beer.
However we were in disco untill 3 am and then we decided to go back to
Pazin.
We were up early in the morning, and LYs had quite busy morning answering
few phone calls from YLs that tought they're joking them about being from
LY.
Then we went to Porec, town which is just near the island, where we met
9A2RI who showed us around and placed us.
The rest of the day we spent mostly swimming and doing stupid things, like
playing snooker. 9A4GR & Andrey played against LY1DS and me and we easly
lost 4 games, but dont worry we won like 2 games, because of their mistake
of course. :)))
After long Friday, on Saturday we were up in around 7 am and head for a long
weekend on the island. It was really great, and at the moments noone had
toughts of working HF at all.
Anyway, LYs are now in S5, and soon they will be in LX, HB0 and of course on
the end in FN.
Everything that's good is too short.
We'll be back on EU110 again for IOTA contest, without LYs, and we'll try to
be more serious then this time, but that's really hard from such a place!
73 es CU
9A6XX  - Hrle

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm