[WWYC] On EU HF Championships...

Tony de Longhi iz3esv@libero.it
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:31:22 +0200

Hi all!
First of all I would thank the HQ board to have accepted my request to join
WWYC... It's very nice to share the contest addiction with other young
friends!
Anyway the European HF Championships is over, right now... I'd like to
notice the complete absence of activity in 10 meters although some beacons
were clearly readable... but conditions weren't as expected for a contest: I
still have a strange and awful noise on 20 meters, where propagation has
been absolutely bad with the central and northern Europe, and on 15 meters
there were some LY and RA stations, as usual.
This has been my third contest ever, and the results I got are right for the
setup I can manage on the station. I'm completely out on 40 and 80, although
you can see on the summary 4 QSO on 40, the strongest stations which could
hear me going out with the three-band dipole... I assure that I will be QRV
on 40 at least as soon as possible!
I've heard some WWYC members, and I would thank all for participation and
for the "numbers" given to me.
By the way this is part of the summary sheet:

KNWD TS 430S + Rotative dipole + 100 W

Band   QSOs  Mode   Points  Multis
   40m       4      J3E        4       4
   20m     112    J3E      112      45
   15m      28     J3E       27      21
   10m       2      J3E        2       2
   Total:  146               145 *    72 = 10440

So, 73s to all and see you on the next HF event!

Tony, IZ3ESV  WWYC #162

Please visit the Home Page: http://www.qsle.net/iz3esv