[WWYC] FW: CQP 2002 - World Wide Young Contesters

Melissa m_albano@adelphia.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:36:47 -0700

Hello WWYCers

Chris, KL9A here.

Sorry for the confusion on the email address/name... it'll be fixed soon. :)

I received this in my email, and figured I should pass it on.

-Chris KL9A

----------
From: "J. Marcus Ziegler" <ziegler@accesscom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:08:24 -0700
To: <wl7ky@gci.net>, <n5nu@inu.net>
Subject: CQP 2002 - World Wide Young Contesters

To: Contesting Club Presidents and Newsletter Editors;

California QSO Party (CQP) 2002
1600Z October 5, 2002  until  2200Z October 6, 2002

Start your contest season with a bang and compete for our new club award!

I'd like to personally invite you and your club (World Wide Young
Contesters)
to participate in the California QSO Party (CQP).
This year we have a new plaque for the highest scoring entry in "Top Club,
non-California".

Obviously we would appreciate it if you would advertise the CQP in your club
newsletter and your club email reflector
(even if you decide to not enter the CQP contest as a club).

All California QSO Party rules, results, county abbreviations, and free
logging software are available at:
   * http://www.cqp.org/

Read all about the 2001 CQP contest results (only six non-CA clubs entered
the
2001 CQP):
   * http://www.cqp.org/Results-2001.html
   * http://www.cqp.org/results/2001/01cqp.pdf

State-by-state records (who will set their new state record in 2002?):
   * http://www.cqp.org/results/Records/rec_nca.htm

Don't forget about all the awards available in CQP (see
http://www.cqp.org/Awards.html):
   * 34 Plaques (wood and metal, not mere wallpaper!)
   * 40 Bottles of special vintage California wine (with commemorative CQP
labels)
   * Certificates to the top S/O in each and every state, province, country,
and CA county
   * Certificates to each and every ham who makes at least 100 QSOs in CQP

We even have CQP T-shirts available for purchase if you make at least 100
QSOs
in the contest.

This year's California QSO Party promises to be a lot of fun!

California QSO Party (CQP), sponsored by the Northern California Contest
Club
(NCCC), http://www.cqp.org/
   * 1600Z October 5, 2002 until 2200Z October 6, 2002.
   * Single op, multi-single, multi-multi, CA county expedition, mobile, and
Novice/Tech. 160 80 40 20 15 10 6 2 meters.
   * Send QSO number and CA county. If you're outside of California, send
the
QSO number and your state/province/DXCC country.
   * Single ops are limited to 24 hours. Multi-singles have a 10-minute
rule.
Single ops and multi-single are limited to one transmitted signal at a time.
   * CW QSOs must be made in CW subbands, except on 160 meters.
   * Work stations once per band/mode, work CA stations again as they change
counties. A CA station on a county line counts for 1 QSO but multiple
counties.
   * CW - 1.805 and 40 kHz up; phone - 1.850 3.850 7.230 14.250 21.300
28.450;
Novice - 10 kHz up and 28.450.
   * Score 2 pts/QSO on phone and 3 pts/QSO on CW. Final score is QSO points
multiplied by CA counties (max 58). CA stations multiply QSO points by
states
and VE sections (max 58).
   * Hundreds of awards, certificates, plaques and bottles of wine.
   * Free CQP logging/scoring software (DOS and Windows):
http://www.cqp.org/Software.html
   * Send logs to Alan Maenchen, AD6E, 3330 Farthing Way, San Jose, CA 95132
or email to cqp@contesting.com; http://www.cqp.org/

Marc, W6ZZZ
(sponsor of the CQP "Top Club, non-California" plaque)