[WWYC] Numbers stations

Fabian Kurz fk@diolog.de
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 15:53:06 +0000

Hi Danny and group,

I think most of these stations are military and so they don't have to follow any band-plans (military stations are allowed to transmit anywhere!). 80m is not an exclusive HAM-band anyway. I also often noticed the stations on 3525kHz, also on 7.017 there is
REA4 who sends a long row of dits all day (they only send their call and some coded stuff at h+42 minutes)...
Another Intruder who is regularly on 40m and 80m is L99C who is supposed to be in China..
The only way to get them out of the band is acitivity, not just in the contests ;)

By the way: Played around in ARRL10m for 2 hours and worked 3 WWYCers: N2NL, NR3X and N1SNB.

73, Fabian dj1yfk