[WWYC] ARRL CW Score for N4YDU SOABLP

Nathan Moreschi n4ydu@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:44:32 -0000

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:     32     26
   80:    110     46
   40:    276     62
   20:    405     63
   15:    487     76
   10:    744     78
----------------------
Total:   2054    351  =  2,162,862

Comments:

Wow! Awesome conditions on all bands! I bagged several guys on all six
bands.
This was the first time I've ever been over 2000 qsos in any contest. The
second radio sure came in handy. I started about 3.5 hours late because of
work
and then the phone kept ringing once I started, but I don't think it hurt me
too much. Mults were a little low for some reason.

Equipment: ICOM 756 PRO and Ten Tec OMNI V. Tribander at 35 feet for
10-15-20.
Inverted vees for 80 and 40 at 70 feet. Inverted L for 160. Dipoles for
second
radio and one 200' beverage for receive...

I checked out the K1TTT webcam around 0700 zulu the first day and fell out
laughing because someone was hunched over sleeping at the 80 meter desk. The
WEBCAM was pretty cool.

I worked a lot of WWYC people. DL1IAO and I connected on all bands except
for 40M. We had our first ever QSO on 160 as well. It took me a while to get
through but it was worth it.

I'll be on for SSB in two weeks at W4MR in a M/S effort.

73,

Nate/N4YDU

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://lists.contesting.com/wwyc-faq.htm