[WWYC] Re: SO2R

Zoltan.Pitman@vodafone.nl Zoltan.Pitman@vodafone.nl
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:36:02 +0200

Hi all,

First of all, greetings to the WWYC community from an overaged 31-year-old!
I've just heard about this email reflector and based on the archives found
it a very intresting area to follow.

> But what I'd like to know is: how do you use that second radio?

At the Friedrichshafen hamfest this year Stefan DL1IAO held a great
presentation about SO2R where he devoted quite some time on how to actually
do it. Maybe you should ask for his presentation slides.

> Right now, when operating from OTxH (always single band entry, never
> multiband!), I use VFO A to run and when it's calmer and people don't
> answer the CQ, I switch to VFO B on that same band to S&P while
> tuning up and down the band. If you find something, try to work it quickly

> and switch to VFO A to call CQ and keep the QRG. Is this what you do with
> the second radio?

Actually not. This is just an effective use of an MP :)  This way you still
don't use your TX time to search for new multipliers regardless if U do it
on one band or on two seperate band this way. For this one-radio is
sufficient.
The real benefit is when you do S&P during the TX time of the other radio.
To do simultaneous TX and RX you need 2 radios. Everything else is derived
from there.

> All hints, tips, tricks and usefull technical info on SO2R is welcome!

Welcome to my homepage for more info: www.qsl.net/ha1ag . I hope you will
find it useful.

73 de Zoli HA1AG