[WWYC] WPX CW 2002

SM3WMV Mikael sm3wmv@hotmail.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:16:04 +0000

Hi all!

I will not have time to work in the WPX CW contest this year. Its the
weekend before I have three tests in school. I will work some contests
during the summer though. I will work for 9 weeks so I will earn plenty of
money to buy some new antennas and maybee an amp.

Right now Im building (made the circuit board yesterday) an serial decoder
and amplifier for my antenna switch. I can connect 28 relays to it and with
just one remote cable (GND and +) its possible to activate whatever of those
relays I want. When I send for example 3 to the antenna switch it checks if
the relay port is active, if it is the relay port will disbled etc.

I control the antenna switch with a Windows program I've where there is also
direction control for verticals (for example my 2el phased array on 40m)!

During the summer I will do a lot of antenna work. Finally I will get the
two new towers up and I will probably stack them with antennas. The antennas
I have now (in the air and on the ground) is:

TH6 (6el tribander)
6el Mosley tribander
5el 15M monobander (8m boom)
2el Phased array for 40m
Dipoles for 40,80,160m.

Im not sure what I will do with the antennas but the plan is to buy an
KT34XA so Ill have a really good tribander and stack the other ones fixed in
diferent directions......

Well well, thats some of the summer plans =)

73 // Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)