[WWYC] WPX CW 9A9D M/S....

Kresimir Kovarik kreso@kreso.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 10:09:17 MET

Hi all...
Just short impressions from WPX CW last weekend...
We have many pictures and there will be three different views of
this contest from 9A6XX, HA3LN and 9A5K...
It was great fun, we made a big mistake and sleep second night for
some eight hours and missed US on 20m that night...
Also, we are now sure in some things about 10 m and 40m....
So, during next month, there will be some new antennas for 10m, and also
40m beam is under way, hope that we can put it during summer...

Our next "big" operation will be possible during CQ WW CW contest...
Almost forgot, our score (not exactly correct):

3580 qsos / 980 pfx = 7.680.000 points...

Op's:
WWYC'ers: 9A5K, 9A6XX & HA3LN
Others:   9A2UU, 9A2AJ

TRX: Kenwood TS690S x 2, Kenwood TS830S
PA's: Alpha 78 (KW), FL2277B (600 W), FL2100Z (400 W)
Ant:
  160m - T vertical
   80m - Vertical
   40m - 3 ele. loop dir. USA
   20m - 5 ele. YAGI @ 25m
   15m - 6 ele. YAGI @ 17m
   10m - 5 ele. YAGI @ 13m (not rotary this time)
         3 ele. LOOP fixed dir. South America

More stories follows...

Big thanks to Lee, 9A6XX and Csaba, HA3LN for coming to 9A9D this time..
It was my big pleasure to have so great operators in team.
Hope that we will have at least same team in WW CW this year...
Thanks to all spotters, specially to Chris, KL9A...

Does anybody can give us some reports about signal strength?
See you in IARU HF Champ....I'll be Single OP / CW only as 9A5K @ 9A9D!

73,
Chris - 9A5K / K5CRO!

--