[WWYC] CQWW CW ON4CCP SOAB LP

on4ccp on4ccp@skynet.be
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:26:38 +0100

Guys,

Here's my result :
Call: ON4CCP
Class: SOAB LP, SO 1 R
Operating Time (hrs): 41

Antenna's : 10+15+20 : KT34XA
                  40 : sloper to W
                  80 : 1/4 + 1 elevated radial
                 160 : 20m vertical top loaded + 2x1/4 radials on the ground
TX : Yaesu MKV @100W
CW : only a keyer and my 2 fingers, no computer aid to CW TX

160: 99 6 35
80: 166 6 34
40: 320 14 62
20: 228 17 56
15: 348 24 71
10: 400 20 60
------------------------------
Total: 1561 87 318 Total Score = 1,200,420
Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association
Team : World Wide Young Contesters A-team

Remarks :

this is a >50% better score than the SSB part due to
a) no storm this time
b) better multiplier rate, but not yet satisfied about this aspect and
c) a fastastic 40m; what a difference with ssb on this band.  No split
working, no ssb splatter.  But I needed the 250 Hz filter to perform the
cq'ing (100W you know)

On 20m I noticed problems with the swr; probably some erosion on the balun.
So not the big number of qso's on that band.  I also noticed the
disadvantage of 1 radio for multiplier searching.  Next time also an extra
vertical on 20 and 15m for Europe...

Very surprised to have been contacted by KC4/N2TA , one of the Antartic
bases, on 20 via the long path on Sunday evening.  Strategic
surprise/mistake also on 20m by the early band closure.

Last 2h of the contest surprised by about 160 qso's on 40m, mainly US
stations.  Very last minute, a contact with 9K9X.  Tnx !

I felt a slowdown of the concentration during the night.  I seemed that have
a short sleep could prevent too much faulty calls (with the unpleasant point
losses).  So I took a break of 1.5h the first night and 4.5 h the second
night and I do not regret it.  Not one station must be qsy because of a
"sri, no cpi".

This is also a new claimed ON record on the SOAB LP.

Congratulations to the other WWYC stations with their fantastic high scores
!!!

73s Ken, ON4CCP

Visit our webpage :
http://www.on4ccp.com