[WWYC] CQWW CW 9A7P(9A6XX) SOAB LP

Hrvoje Horvat hrle@ipazin.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:29:42 +0100

Yo WWYCers...
Weekend was nothing compared to what it could've been from 9A1P but that's
how it goes. Thanks to all the WWYCers for the QSOs... somebody said DJ1YFK
had a great signal?? Oh bad coz I missed working Fab this time...
I was doing a lot of S/P trying to get 9A2RD coz on CQ I was much worse from
his 5m from the sea signal so didnt spend a lot of time CQing... for the
first day it worked very well, I was even ahead at the moments, but when it
comes for the USA openings he was just kicking my butt.

9A2RD: NA 40m: 225 qsos
9A7P: NA 40m: 98 qsos
9A2RD: NA 80m: 49 qsos
9A7P: NA 80m: 8 qsos

hehe :-) gotta move him to some forest in the middle of Croatia if I want to
beat the crap out of him.. hehe
As soon as Dave stoped sending me SMSes and when he made those 3 hours off
my moral went down as well as my body started to notice some freaking weird
acting and my brain started to ask itself why do i need this in my life? who
inveted contesting? and why i've choosed this hobby?! maybe the reason i
slept so much... but no worry... contesting world didnt got rid of me yet...
... see you in next one.. :-)

Hrle - 9A6XX

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A7P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Pazin
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:    6     2        5
   80:  314     8       57
   40:  318    19       81
   20:  326    23       67
   15:  405    29       95
   10:  334    25       71
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

TS440S(100W),2L QUAD(20-10m),40m + 80m = dipole, 160m = 80m dipole - no ant
tuner

Made a typical contester's mistake, after 26 hrs on the air instead of 90
minutes I slept for 9 hours. Made 1300 qsos on the fist 24hours but that
seemed
to be pretty much everything from me. Only 7-8 hours on the air the 2nd day.
Hard going on every band.. gotta get into SO2R for this, DL1IAO gave a real
lecture to all the SO1R guys.

However SOAB LP was not the idea of spending this weekend but we were all
forced
to do something else rather then M/S as 9A1P due to the crash of our
antennas
just the weekend prior the contest. You can see some nightmare pictures on
http://rkp.ice.hr/9a1p

8P5A, VP5V, V26K ... 40-10m all the big signals I couldnt break into on any
band. P40E for me showed the best skills in the contest. Fantastic QRQ CW
and
great ears. BOH iz da man, whr waz TJ?

- ..-
Hrle - 9A6XX