[WWYC] CQWW SB/10 SO LP - G3PJV/P

Paul Walsh paul@wimpley.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:02:30 -0000

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G3PJV/P

Operator(s): G3PJV

Class: SO SB10M LP

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 770    26      90
------------------------------
Total: 770    26      90   Total Score = 193140

Comments:

Equipment, FT847 100W and a 4ele yagi @35ft.

Had a great time in this one. Lots of strong signals on 10m, but Sunday
morning was a bit of a challenge as the band was nearly dead, I think
there must have been an aurora, but by 11am it had picked up again.
   No signals were heard from JA on either Saturday or Sunday, yet I
could hear the southern Europeans running them, apart from that I worked
a few new countries.
   The weather was very bad, I nearly had to drop the antenna as we had
up to 80MPH winds and the antenna took a real battering but I left it
and luckily it survived!

Cheers
Paul
G3PJV..