[WWYC] IOTA and WAE CW Claimed Scores Out!

Zoltan.Pitman@vodafone.nl Zoltan.Pitman@vodafone.nl
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:39:21 +0200

> IOTA Section:
> There was a big battle between 9A stations to take a victory
> in hardest to get M/S HP category. I see 9A8RR 16 millions
> but is put in Single Op category. I think this is just a
> mistake, and 9A0A and 9A0R far back with 11 and 10 millions.
> Two or three times winners OH9A had no chance (without OH1NOA
> operating?) "Only" 8 Millions there :-)
>
> Conclusion: 9A is a place to be in IOTA Contest

9A8RR was M/S.

They CLAIMED 16M but I have doubts if they will appear in the final
listing...

> Way ahead is
> LY9A with 1,000,000 points while the 2nd place is took by
> DL3NCI, only few kilos in front of out gang.

Well.... LY9A (LY3BA) is famous for this. FYI, I had no chance beating him
with his LP rig on packet pileups last year when I operated WAE CW from
HG1S.

73 de Zoli HA1AG