[WWYC] CQ WPX LX7I (op LX2AJ)

Lutty Philippe lx2aj at gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 18:50:40 EST 2003

Dear friends,

on friday the rotator did not work anymore and we had to install a comercial
rotator(380V) which had no indication and which made it very difficult to
see where the antenna was. This was not the best beginning of the contest but
this is murphy.
It was the first full-time (35 hours) operation  from my new contest site
and I think I choosed the right band (40M).
The log is not yet checked but this is the result :
Band 40      QSOs 	    QSO points	Prefixes	Score
Totals:	1657	     4890	            677	         3310530

It was a very nice contest with the usual 40M problems and with a
propagation which was not as good as in the ARRL phone contest.
I worked 15% NA only 5 % Asia 1 % OC and 2.6 % SA .
The Beverage for NA worked very well but the beverage for Asia was missing
and it was very difficult to work JA stations(but there will be  one built the
next month)

My working condition were :

IC-756 &  Emtron DX 2 (1KW)
XM-240(@28m) & GP and Beverage NA for receiving

Thanks for all the stations who called me and who made this nice score
possible.

There will be no operation from the site up to the IARU contest.The 6el
tribander will be replaced by a 4el monobander for 20M, the 80M 4-Square will be
installed aswell as the rotator will be repaired.

73`s and GOOD DX from

Philippe LX2AJ / LX7I