[WWYC] CQWW CW 8S2F M/S

Mikael Larsmark sm3wmv at bredband.net
Tue Dec 2 13:36:07 EST 2003

Hello!

Here is the prelim from 8S2F.

Call: 8S2F
Operator(s): SM2HWG, SM2NOG, SM2LIY, SM2ODB, SM2EZT,
SM3WMV, SM3JLA
Station: SM2HWG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sika
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  216    13       56
   80:  420    30       96
   40:  529    35      116
   20: 1033    36      120
   15: 1202    36      128
   10:  662    36      125
------------------------------

Conds were great up here in the north. It was fun to work JA and
NA at the same time around 04:00z on Sunday morning on 20m. I
just wish I had powersplit cuz when I had the 6/6 stack on JA the
NA signals were VERY weak since the stack is very narrow. The
highbands were open late in the evening/night towards US which
made running great.

This was our first serious effort from the team with this equipment
so did some misstakes but we will hopefully improve until next
year. There is an audiofile of me being a lid on 15m on my server
recorded by King Lid. I had a pileup of US and they are really
experts calling zero beat. I don't know when they will learn to put
yourself on the side of the pile, not in the middle! Anyways, you
can listen if you want:

http://sm3wmv.shacknet.nu/sm3w/8S2F-15.wav

We had some trouble with writelog in this one. I have never had
problems before, I don't know if it was because of the network but
Writelog would just stop sending CW and you had to press escape
several times before you could send again, it was very strange.

Anyway, this was my funniest WW CW ever. I had a blast even
though we should have been able to work a couple of hundred more
qsos. The bands were open late in the evening towards North
America. I looked in the log and we worked NA on 10m until 20:46z
until we qsyed and worked NA on 15m until 23:00z.

Equipment:
Stn1 : FT1000 + Tentec Titan (160m-10m)
Stn2 : IC756 + Dentron (40m-10m)
Stn3 : IC781 + Bullret (80m only)

160M: Fullsize 1/4 vertical
80M: 4 Square
40M: 4el fullsize mono @53m + 2el phased array (@SA)
20M: 6/6el mono (18.5m booms) + 4el mono
15M: 6/6el mono + 4el mono
10M: 6/6/6el mono + 4el

RX: 5 beverage antennas between 300-700m long.

The station played great. The only real failure we had was in a
WX0B box...gotta replace some relays, or maybe even the boxes
when we are at it because we only have trouble with them.

//Mike (SM3WMV @8S2F)