[WWYC] Post contest

David Mueller n2nl at www.n2nl.net
Tue Dec 2 17:06:36 EST 2003

First of all, Franki is correct.  I got a little hot in my initial reply, and
I shouldn't have.  I had to say goodbye to my wife and two sons this morning
and I won't be home for 60 days including the holidays, so emotions are
running a little high right now :)  For that I apologize to Koen and the
other members of this list.

The powers-that-be who check logs have developed into their software an
algorithm which flags the logs of possible packet cheaters.  This was
apparent last year when many SOAB entries were reclassified as assisted.  The
KW problem is another matter.  The best way to correct this is by peer
pressure I guess.

Ely asked "what is OK to correct after the contest?".  This has been debated
over and over again in CQ-Contest.  Each person seems to have their own idea
of what is OK.  I think the general concencious is that changes can be made
after the fact for notes taken during the contest.  Don't feel bad about
correcting your M/M partner.  He'll be better in the long run of you correct
him.  Lets say you forget to swap bands on your software, and you log a large
number of people on the wrong band.  Make a reminder, and change it after the
fact.  Thats OK in my book.  But to record the contest and make changes after
by listening to the tape is wrong.  I think there needs to be mention of this
in the contest rules so it is definite.  Usually the need to make any
corrections after the fact is minimal.

73, Dave N2NL/MM
-with plenty of time to read email :)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:49:17 +0100, Franki @ ON5ZO.be wrote