[WWYC] ARRLDX K8GU SOAB LP

Ethan Miller K8GU ethan at palau.onu.edu
Thu Feb 20 09:17:25 EST 2003

Station:  Ohio Northern University (no call yet)
Operator:  K8GU

		Q	P	C
-------------------------------------
160 CW		 0	  0	 0
80 CW		 0	  0	 0
40 CW		 8	 24	 8
20 CW		14 	 42	 9
15 CW		43	129	16
10 CW		 0	  0	 0
-------------------------------------
Total		65	195	33

Claimed Score = 6435

Club:  Mad River Radio Club

Equipment:  FT-747 (ugh...but it has a CW filter) and Cushcraft X7+40 at
70 ft.

My girlfriend is an RA in the residence halls and drew duty on Valentine's
Day.  We had originally planned to leave on Saturday to go to her house
for the weekend.  So, while she was taking care of business, I snuck over
to the hamshack in the Engineering Building and played for about two hours
on Friday night.  The tribander was stuck pointing NW...good for JA.  I
got a pico-run of about four JA's and then nothing.

Bad weather kept us from going south.  So, we went home to my place
instead.  If I didn't have passengers, I considered stopping at W8AV
for a couple hours.  But, that didn't pan-out either.

I might actually operate more in the SSB edition if I'm around.  That
would be some kinda record!  Next contest from here will probably be
MiQP...after that listen for me from W0YC, W8LT, or W9YH...

73...

--Ethan, K8GU.