[WWYC] WWYC Sections

iz3esv@libero.it iz3esv@libero.it
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:44:40 +0100

I can see a nice debate on this subject. This means that we feel real loyal and that we are really devoted to the Club! As I already wrote to OZ1AA and LZ5AZ, here in Italy two of us are going to enter Hall of Fame this year or at least the next one. So I will remain alone to be the only effective enlisted member in Italy.
I have expressed my wish to work as recruiter/secretary for Italy (the right function and the right charge will be decided together)... But if in the "smaller" countries, where WWYCers are less than in other countries, a representative would not be needed, this could be not a good way to promote WWYC in these countries, where Ham radio is practiced but our Club is not well known.
My proposal is to establish, for the time we will consider necessary, a slightly higher lever of coordination: for example, a Coordinator should be decided to take care of the "Latins", meaning in this way, i.e., Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. Recollecting in this way a huge number of operators, considerably in the number as in other "larger" countries. By the way, these four countries share quite the same culture, language, way of thinking and way of living ham radio... It's not a shame that each population has a peculiar way to practice our Service!!
So in this way, waiting for the number of operators to increase in each Country, a coordinator should work for "regions", i.e. Baltic area, Eastern Europe, South America, Benelux (this has been already proposed), UK, Australia and Pacific, Far East and so on. Keep in mind that this is only an idea, and that the particularity of each Country, as far as in culture and way of thinking and also on the Hamming style, must be respected and appreciated.
I volunteer for Italy and, (perhaps??) European Latins. For a coordinator to be eligible I think that we should consider two things:
- the first one, that WWYC is the only CONTESTING club he belongs to. Note that CONTESTING IS NOT DXign club...
- the second one, that he should have at least 5 years more to spend on t
 all for the attention, I wait for instructions!

73 de Tony, IZ3ESV WWYC# 162