[WWYC] WWYC Section: resume and more

iz3esv@libero.it iz3esv@libero.it
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:28:59 +0100

Nice, really nice, indeed. We are showing what is a real style of behaving,
beyond the Ham Spirit each of us deserves.
Many good ideas are going to flow on this email list, and so I'd like to
resume some of them, just to fix some important points:

1) the bulletin is a very good idea, pdf should be a very nice format and
every three months is enough to give a full information on our Club's life;
I'm sure that a good editor will offer his skills!

2) The Section Coordinators -SCs- (this could be the official name, in my
opinion: it reflects the real meaning of the role: it is only a recruiter on
a geographical Section -or a direct peripheral- of the WWYC) already
enlisted are covering large part of the vacations; any other DXCC or area
will be covered in the future, as new operators will join us;

3) Someone has suggested to avoid the "Regional" system, saying without any
fault that a Section Coordinator should represent himself if he's the only
one on a single DXCC Entity; that's right. Because multi-DXCC regions is an
idea I suggested, I'd like to say again that this is only a TRANSITORY
condition, as the DXCC Entities on that particular region would reach a good
number of operators; starting from a SC, is more easy to expand the
membership instead of waiting for some "new ones" to come and join... My
hope is that in a close future the main DXCCs would have enough operators to
stand alone!

4)  Who is the perfect candidate for the SC charge? We should decide almost
two criteria:
    a) being a WWYCer with at least 5 years more to spend as active member,
before entering Hall of Fame;
    b) WWYC would be  the only CONTEST club he belongs to; membership of any
other DX Association (beside contest activity) or Foundation should be
allowed. i.e. I am member of WWYC but NOT of MCC Italy; by the way I should
join NCDXF without affecting my position!

5) Visibility of the Club: each SC would take care to distribute infos about
WWYC through the national Ham Radio magazines and through
 Internet; each
Section should arrange some web pages linked with the central wwyc.net
homepage. It would be a purpose of the SCs to decide how to use medias to
tell other people that we exist. Anyway, an "official" description of the
Club, with the purposes and the meaning of the Club should be transmitted
from the HQ...

6) The SC is a recruiter: he only has to send the new operator's email and the requests to
the Headquarter and keep in touch with the memebrs of the Section;
membership numbers can only be issued by the HQ. In this way the SC is not a
political charge but simply an executive officer of the Club's purposes.

7) The Hall of Fame members count in any way as the other members. They
"exist", although they cannot run for WWYC on the Contests. So when you have
to count the members on that Section, anyone should consider them.

It's all for now... I hope that this night something good should flow from
your brains, to build something more... these are only main lines I consider
really important to follow. Everyone must be free to express his opinion,
regardless from any kind of problem. We are doing some good democracy
practice!

C U Soon!

Tony, IZ3ESV   WWYC #162   Latin Europe SC Candidate