[WWYC] CQWW 160m DH1TW SO/HP

Tobias Wellnitz T.Wellnitz at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 23:31:53 EST 2003

Hi guys,

this year I visited my friend DK8ZB for CQWW 160m.

My score's quite far away from 9A1P... wondering what
I did wrong.. Maybe I should have spotted myself also
a thousand times in DX Cluster ;-)

Here's the score:

779QSOs * (21 States + 62 DXCCs) =   333079

Soapbox:

On Friday we had to set up the whole station.
Finally we build up a 35m and a 25m high vertical
with a distance of 40m in between.

For recieving we built up two beverages (US / JA).

I had trumendous problems to recieve on the verticals.
Best would have been to set up an additional dipol for
Europe or more beverages.

On Saturday morning on 0600Z, just in time for the
greyline, the amplifier broke. I had to finish the first
night with 100W. In the evening the amp was repaired
again.

I felt the condx as bad. Only on Sunday morning
I had a nice US opening. But in total I only worked
73 US stations. No JA, no JT1, no 9K, no JY9...

AND:
I'll never use a IC756PRO for CW again without
Hardware filters... this DSP-only recievers are
crap...

73 Toby, DH1TW