[WWYC] WWYC Contest.

ke9r at ke9r.com ke9r at ke9r.com
Wed Jul 23 14:44:59 EDT 2003

A lot of good points! Thank you guys. We honestly completely forgot
about YL's, and I do think that sending age would be a good idea
to ease CW, Q's in general. We only wanted to make a distinction
between WWYC and OM, but this can easily be done by looking at the
age. It will also be more expressive.

Some things have been said to reducing the lenght, and while I do
think that 24h might be a bit much, we are trying to reduce the
advantage that might be given to a specific region by allowing the
contest to be less than 24h. Any ideas on how to equalize the field
with a shorter time?

Other things have been said about perhaps this being one contest too
many, as everything else is. We have to be careful about this, we don't
really want contests approaching in on the bands too much more than
they need to. We get enough jammers during major contests as it is.
Also mentioned is the fact that if we just extrapolate results from
another contest it will be much easier. This is very true, and very
much easier. It's really a matter of figuring out if we want to invest
all this (which, honestly, Luc and I will be committed to).

This contest really does not introduce any new operating event to the
air, only our specific one. So, this might be true-- however, the age
format is very important to WWYC and this contest. Is there a another
contest you could see us piggy backing onto? Do we want to?

Things to hash about. We are defintely committed on something though!

73 Greg/KE9R (and Luc LU1FAM)