[WWYC] PA/DJ1YFK/p IOTA Contest

Fabian Kurz fk at diolog.de
Mon Jul 28 17:20:41 EDT 2003

Hello guys,

this is my humble result in the IOTA contest from Texel, EU-038. I was
operating from my car with about 50W and a doublet, 2*10m @ 9m so  40m was
definitely the only band where I had a good signal. Condx on HF were awful,
40m was great fun with lots of pileups (best hour ~ 120 QSOs), on 80m I had
some nice runs but no long pileups.. The antenna was probably a bit too
short for that.

My QTH was in the northern part of the Island, about 2 km away from the
sea, on a camp site. Maybe I should move closer to the sea next time,
however I don't think that I'll go to EU-038 again because it's located
between G and DL which makes 20m contacts to those countries hard (and
there are LOTS of active stations). Anyway, my first contest from an island
was certainly worth the work and money (~ 80 euro for the whole trip,
including fuel + ferry - thats relatively cheap..).

73, Fabian dj1yfk

                    IOTA Contest

Call: PA/DJ1YFK/P
Operator(s): DJ1YFK
Station: DJ1YFK

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: Texel, EU-038
Operating Time (hrs): ~11

    80:  121      19       0        0
    40:  319      36       0        0
    20:   53      12       0        0
    15:    3       2       0        0
    10:    8       3       0        0
Total:  504      72       0        0  Total Score = 238,464

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters