[WWYC] KE9R FD 2003 plans.

ke9r at ke9r.com ke9r at ke9r.com
Tue Jun 10 21:03:14 EDT 2003

Greetings!

Am going to try to get some of my friends involved with contesting
for FD this year. Being a WWYC I plan to have as much fun as I can with
the boys as well as getting in some hopefully good rates.

Because I'm more concerned with getting people involved with contesting
(FD is a 'operating event') than with the emergency nature of FD I think
we are going to op it 1D, full commerical power, full towers. This should
be fun and it should give everyone a taste of what it's like to be the
big gun on the band.

We'll be KE9R, C31XR@ 100', wires down -really low- on 40/80. We're going
to try to blast the signal straight up, than straight down, SS style. In
all truthfullness, we'll probably be running a kilowatt and a half. We
should be able to keep a frequency.

I know all you DX boys turn off the radio for NA ARRL FD, but if you
happen to see my spot come over a cluster or anything please hop on and
give a call. We might have an okay signal, and it would be amazing for
the new ops to talk to DX. We are not concerned with score, so we'll
drop things right there and have a Q in the middle of things.

Attendence I'm trying to drum up is: Nate KB9MWE, Scott, Melissa. Nate's
a good op, just lazy as hell, never comes out. Scott spends some time as
a pilot, so he knows what it's like to have a mic in his face and talk
fast. Melissa is a YL, so she'll get us tons of Qs. I plan to do CW at
night when everyone else is drinking.

Anyone else is welcome by. If you're in the midwest area look me up on
qrz and stop by. If you can't make the eyeball, make sure you shout a
big WWYC on the radio when you hit work us and we'll hit the big bell
and proclaim the club.

I'll try to snap lots of pictures.

Everyone enjoy ARRL VHF this weekend. I'll be 6mtr mobile Mich -> Ky
through about three of four gridsquares on Sunday.

73 Greg/KE9R
KE9R.com