[WWYC] Member search, profile, other enchancements.

ke9r at ke9r.com ke9r at ke9r.com
Fri Jun 13 14:14:39 EDT 2003

Hey guys,

[ Member searches ]

I'm kind of looking around, trying to find new members. However,
before I email them I want to make sure they are not already a
member. Is there, or can we make, a easy way to search for members
on the webpage?

When you click [Members] on the page you have to go through 5 screens,
than hit ctrl-f and type in the call each time to figure out if they
are or not. I know there is a callbook as a .pdf, but that isn't as
current as the page. Perhaps someone here has rudamentary skills in
cgi/php to do a simple grep search on the member database and output
perhaps a profile, etc, we could setup?

[ Profiles ]

I also would very much like to be able to post a link to a profile of
myself on wwyc.net from my webpage. This would show my affiliation
while also promoting WWYC.

[ Domain Tiddying ]

Is there a way that Michael could add a IN A record for wwyc.net like
he has for www.wwyc.net? So we could be http://wwyc.net, perhaps a
bit more readable and less confusing when we are posting the link in
email/etc. http://www.wwyc.net kind of overwhelms you with W's. This
would be very easy, perhaps 5 seconds worth of work.

I've heard some ramblings of a new backend design. Hopefully these can
find their way into it.

Please forgive me if any of this has already been hashed up. I looked
through the archives casually, but not intensively.

73 Greg/KE9R
ke9r.com