[WWYC] A small WWYC YM Cluster. ;)

fox at obsolete.org fox at obsolete.org
Tue Jun 17 02:15:48 EDT 2003

Was talking to Peter M3PHP today on #wwyc about the big packet flame
war that is occuring on cq-contest and he joked that we should start
our own YM Cluster. I laughed at first, but than thought it'd be a
somewhat useful thing.

So I fired up the software and it's running now at ke9r.com, port 8000.

I'm not positive where it will go, or what it will evolve into, but I
plan to leave it idling there. Kind of a very elite little cluster that
is internet only for WWYC members.

Perhaps it can be a more relaxed, more active cluster. I'm always looking
to have Q's with WWYC members, so feel free to hop on there and announce
you're on a freq, or even spot yourself. Also feel free to use announce
as a chat line. The cluster police don't live here, just us.

Of course, please don't start a flame war here about whether this is a
good idea or not. I don't think it will be offensive, or anything other
than a place for WWYC members to meet and post DX -they- find interesting.
If however you guys feel as though it should not exist, please email me
and I will certainly consider everyones thoughts.

Don't shoot me, just trying to make WWYC a better place. ;)

Again -> telnet to ke9r.com port 8000.

73 Greg/KE9R
KE9R.com