[WWYC] WPX Report from IO3T

iz3esv@libero.it iz3esv at libero.it
Mon Mar 31 14:08:49 EST 2003

Hi Guys, just to report our activity from southern Europe. Here I worked on the special call I have, IO3T, as M/S HP at I3GWE station. The setup has been first class, with a full dipole on 160, vertical and inv.Vee for 80, rotary dipole for 40 and 4 ele tribander. Unfortunately we have to say that propagation has been very very low... On the upper HF we had some NA only Sunday afternoon, but only the strongest stations; on the lower side, good rate from EU and Russia. Thank you to all Easetrn Europe. Without your signals and enthusiasm we shouldn't have had so fine contacts!
I heard low proggies from other Italian stations, but in general the situation has been bad also for the other Western Europeans, as I got low numbers. Really strange, as we heard and worked several good PFXs, specially from UK, Spain, Germany and Scandinavia. I think that the short skip decided to go on holiday, for the week end!
In my opinion, this contest will be "Russia-Eastern Europe" One-Side... I think that  winners will speak an Eastern Language... perhaps the top of the score should be a story between some Russian and some Big gun, as usual. No surprises at all. Anyway, we hope to reach a good position here in Italy.
At the end, 1283 QSOs with more than 500 mults, just going to work on the log soon, and about 1,323,000 points.
IO3T will be again on air the next ARI International. Stay tuned!

73 de IZ3ESV/IO3T Tony