[WWYC] NR3X WPX CW

Nathan Moreschi n4ydu at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 31 18:09:14 EDT 2003

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 25

------------
  160:    2
   80:   12
   40:  211
   20:  423
   15:  345
   10:  121
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I wanted to operated a lot more than I did, but it was still a blast. I had
good run on 10M (sporatic E opening ??) on Sunday morning. I worked only one
European on 10M, a CT1.  I heard an S5 and 9A5Y, but they were really,
really weak and they couldn't pull me out.
40M seemed great, but
I missed most of the second night because I went to the movies with my
girlfriend. I love this contest, it's a great format.

I worked a few WWYC guys, but I can't remember who.

Equipment:

Kenwood TS 930
Icom 761

3 element TA33JR at 10 meters
3 element 15M monobander at 9 meters (fixed NE)
2 element 20M delta loop at 15M (fixed NE)
triband dipole for 10-15-20 at 10M
40M inverted V at 18M
80M GP
160M L

homebrew SO2R antenna switch
Dunestar audio mixer

I'm planning a trip to the outerbanks of North Carolina for an operation in
the IOTA contest. I'm not sure how big or small of an operation yet.
Probably an entry in the 12 hour class.

I'll be on for ARRL field day this year as well as the IARU contest. IARU
will probably be from home again.

73,

Nate/N4YDU