[WWYC] KE9R SS CW (or how to send cw with wire coat hangers and wild hand movements)

Greg Fox ke9r at ke9r.com
Sun Nov 2 21:50:12 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KE9R
Operator(s): KE9R
Station: KE9R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   53
   20:   57
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Somehow after Halloween managed to wake up at 9.30am
and get my struggling body in the car and drive down
to W9. Really not sure how this happened, went to bed
well after McDonalds was serving breakfast. Knew my
station was torn apart, all messed up, which is
confusing considering it's hardcore contest season,
but I think that's the way things go in college.

Was messing with my audio from two radios, had the
head phones laying there on the table, then they start
vibrating off the table. Pick them up, and I hear
AF4QZ about 90 over. By chance Adam has discovered
that pig manure has very special properties; look for
his lecture, 'Dipoles over Pig Shit - A Pork Farmers
Look at Ham Radio' to be the breakout technical
lecture at Dayton. Anyways, after deciding he was
workable searched all around for a key, found it, and
completely botched up the exchange. He called me a
lid, I called him a lid, and things were off, hours
and hours into the the contest.

After that things went a lot better. Has been quite a
while since I listened to CW but everything went
perfect. Really wanted to just be rate fodder for the
big guns, think I was. Sorry I couldn't get on more
Sunday to ease some of your pains. Accidently sent B
instead of A.

SS Phone will be the breakout contest for SCDC. Look
for me using the as to be assigned vanity call.